11 January 2010

New laptop, more blogging

I've got a new laptop that I will be carrying around with me. Seeing as I was relying on a 7-year-old desktop with an iffy internet connection, I should find myself blogging more frequently. My schedule at grad school remains very full, but I'll try to add my voice to the blogosphere.

If you look back on past blog entries, you will see some less-than-enlightened thinking. I have really only acquainted myself with sabermetrics for about a year, over which time I've gone from a baseball fan curious about the occasional references to things I don't understand to a regular reader of the book blog, fangraphs, hardball times, and other sites, with a database on my new laptop and a zillion research ideas. Hopefully my writing will be able to incorporate my new knowledge with my own perspective.

No comments: